Wednesday 18 December 2013

Obstetric and Gynaecology posting

Hey guys,

Currently I'm in 3rd year OnG posting. It has it's ups and downs.

The first time I went to hospital it was so scary, I constantly think, what if I hurt someone, what if I prescribe the wrong drugs, what if I screw up? I mean I'm dealing with someone's life, for life's sake. 

And then the first day I went into the labour room... I was traumatized. What ever they said it was being magical and anything.. I found out on that later. That day was just too gruesome because the doctor was the least gentle. Buh-looood everywhere. 

But then, when the baby was out, they let her hold him for a little while and I saw the smile, the way her eyes light up. Wahhh magical indeed. I was changed.

Then come the palpating baby in the stomach class. Scary. I had to pressed here and there. Am I hurting you? I kept on asking her. I felt the head floating around like a ballon, magical. 

That one time I felt a baby kicked. Senyum panjang lebar. 

I walked into the wards. Babies on my left. Babies on my right. I wanted to just scoop them up.. *self-control* 

However, my posting is ending soon. *sad face*. Next week I'm having examination. Nervous-worried combo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...