Monday 8 July 2013

Singam 2! (Spoiler alert)


Omaigad omaigad omaigad! Singam 2 is the best movie everrrrr!

As I sat thru the movie (at the edge of my seat) I just kept looking at the screen wide eyes and jaw down. Suriya was as usual charming in every way. Even when he's fighting. Gahhhh! It's just perfect I tell you. His values. Made me feel proud even tho I'm not a citizen of India or nor I'm in the Indian police community.



First of all thank you to the director who decided to bring almost all the cast back again from the first movie (well almost all they couldn't bring back Prakashraj for the dead now can they?) unlike other sequel director who says 'oh why don't we replace the heroin in the movie and totally spoil the movie'. Yess they brought in Hansika but her character just added in spices because its a one side love and she's kinda holds the key story in the movie since she's related to one of the villain. 



But one thing I can say. Neither the three villains in this movie can match up to a single Prakashraj. Not even the supposedly to be the baddest King of Indian ocean.




Through out the movie I was like 'I can't brain this'. It's just too awesome. His hawk-eye, his tiger slap, his jumping from one building to another. Omaigad. I kept praying thru the entire movie please don't get hurt please don't get hurt. But of course not. He's like the epitome of manly man. He doesn't shed a single blood. He's like come at me brahhh and wachaaaaaa die die die.., he'd slam you in the grains sand with blood shot eyes with my Singam slap.


Omaigad omaigad omaigad. Why didn't I went to see him when he was shooting in Malaysia??! 

Anyway the songs number weren't really to my liking. It's because it looks bit silly and the song wasn't that catchy. 'We gonna dance..the Singam dance'



And I reallllly loved listening to the first movie song, I could listen to them over and over again. And my most favorite number was the Singam song.. 'Everybody listen listen listen make way for the king.. Alright.. Everybody listen listen listen just watch the way he's gonna swing alright..' and they brought back the song this time around..but with slight twitch to it. It wasn't that catchy or heart pumping. But just watch Suriya strut himself across the screen and you will be able to not notice the background song. 



The comedy piece was awesome but bit lacking despite there's two of them this time. But I still laughed my head off. Sometimes not just because of the two comedians but other funny scenes. Like the monkey grabbing on the pole guy when Bhai hit him while Suriya was chasing him. I definitely applauded at the Erimalai return scene. He's the symbol of bad luck police men. But Susai wasn't that funny. 



And I found it to be shocking Kavay and Singam weren't married in the beginning of the movie. Because I was so confidence that's the reason why they brought her back. Apparently Singam's father rejected because his son wasnt a police officer anymore. But I couldn't thank enough to the director and writer for making it like that because it was too awesome seeing him stand up for his girl (remember the scene Sathya trash talk her because she misunderstood he hired her to get her off her back).



And I was even more shocked to find out that Sathya died later on in the movie because her own father freaking killed her. (I don't understand why in the world didn't Singam arrested her father instead barged into the cell to her uncle who technically just suggested it). 

But I have to applaud both female actress stand in the movie. I mean they didn't do much but then just their presence add more flavor to the movie. Like how Kavya was devotion to him even though he asked him to wait for god knows how long. And her supportive of him going to South Africa to catch Danny not knowing will he come back safely.. Scratch the she knows he'll come safely to her and she waited. Gaaaahhhh the smile 'I'm back' at the end... 

And remember all that goods belong to Jyothika the lucky lady. Actually both of them are lucky to have each other. That's why they're the royal couple of Kollywood, I guess. I just adore their relationship and every time I see them together I fell in love. With both of them. It's like live happily ever after you guyssss.. And makes lots more cute babiessss like Diya and Dev. 








Awww shucks I'm crying for not finding my The One yet.. Jiyong-ah faster find me.

Okayyy I don't think the buzz gonna die down tonight but I really should get some sleep. Busy day tomorrow. 


Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...